Separation and Divorce: Property Division

Looking for assistance regarding property division in Ottawa?

Following a separation, you and your former spouse will need to divide your property.  If you were married, the process is called "Equalization of Net Family Properties" and considers all the assets and debts you have accumulated since the date of separation.  If you were not married, you do not have an automatic right to share in your former spouse's property.  

The process regarding the division of property is not always straightforward, and you may have assets or debts you did not consider.  Talking to a family lawyer will help you understand how the law applies to your particular situation.

Learn more:

If you need help with a property issue in Ottawa, contact Fresh Legal Today:

Name *
Were you referred to a particular lawyer? *
Jennifer Reynolds Drew Kelsall Not applicable